Wednesday 8 June 2022

Conference season!

 Last week I had a blast at How the Light Gets in, a Philosophy festival in Hay, where I spoke on a panel about scientific expertise and whether we should defer to authorities. I argued that, because of the underdetermination of theory by evidence, the folk do have reason to be skeptical of scientific claims when they can see that the people generating those claims fail to represent them or their values.

This week I'm off to give a talk about the evolution of morality at a conference about science-engaged theology Then at Leeds we've got Frenchfest and in July it's the annual meeting of the British Society for the Philosophy of Science in Exeter.

I'll have to find some gaps to squeeze in some writing somewhere. But damn it's good to be travelling again!!

No comments: