Monday 21 November 2022

Stats

According to the (basic) blogger stats function, this blog gets a fair number of views. I mean, not that many. Nearly 110k since i started it ten years ago. The interweb seems to think I'd need that many *every month* for it to be commercially viable - ie to generate enough money that I could be a full-time blogger. Luckily I have a job!

But i'm curious about it. I get weird spikes where I'll suddenly get 600 views in a day for no reason that i can discern. And i only very very rarely get comments. So it seems plausible that the views are mostly bots, especially when there are spikes, but i don't really understand how it all works.

I'd love to get more comments from readers. 

So do us a favour: drop a quick line in the comments if you're a human!



3 comments:

nogre said...

commenting on a blog like it is 2008. still human... last i checked.

Anonymous said...

Human fellow here too.

Monika Piotrowska said...

Another human :) I occasionally come and get caught up on what's new with you, Ellen. Miss hanging out with you at conferences!